The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as:
Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior and Receptionist
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification. Relationship with previous qualifications
This qualification is a direct replacement for the Pearson Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration, which has expired, and the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration, which expires December 2014.
Skills CFA include the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration as the competencies component for the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Learners who achieve the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration can progress to:
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management
Job roles such as Office Executive, Office Supervisor and Personal Assistant
Industry support and recognition
This qualification is supported by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Council for pan-sector business skills, which includes the business and administration sector.
Relationship with National Occupational Standards
This qualification is based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) in Business and Administration, which were set and designed by Skills CFA, the Sector Skills Council.