The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service is for learners who work in, or who want to work in customer service in roles such as Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Operator, Call Centre Advisor, Help Desk Operative and Service Agent.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
· Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. Technical knowledge includes the principles and practices of delivering customer service and understanding the different types of customers, their needs, wants and expectations. Wider sector-related knowledge includes equality and diversity, organisational structure and environment, and legislation and regulations that govern the industry
· Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating with customers using appropriate communication channels, resolving customer problems and complaints, building relationships with customers, promoting additional products and/or services and the ability to improve own learning and performance
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the
- Development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
Relationship with previous qualifications
This qualification is a direct replacement for the Pearson Edexcel Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Customer Service that has expired, and the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service, which expires 31 December 2014.
Skills CFA include the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service as the competencies component for the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Learners who achieve the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service can progress to the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service, which is the competencies component of the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Customer Service. Alternatively, learners could choose to progress to other qualifications such as:
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Principles of Customer Service
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
Achieving this qualification also gives learners the opportunity to progress to job roles with additional responsibilities such as Customer Relationship Manager, Customer Support Officer, Customer Service Team Leader and Customer Service Supervisor.
Industry support and recognition
This qualification is supported by Skills CFA, the Skills Council for pan-sector business skills, which includes the customer service sector.
Relationship with National Occupational Standards
This qualification is based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) in Customer Service, which were set and designed by CFA, the Sector Skills Council/Standards Setting Body for the sector.