Heartsaver AED, is designed to teach CPR, use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), and relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (FBAO) to all lay rescuers, particularly those who are expected to respond to emergencies in the workplace.
All registrants for this course should be genuinely interested in learning to meet specific cognitive and performance skills criteria in learning all aspects of CPR, AED and FBAO as they relate to infants, children and adults.
A range of topics is covered including:
Upon completion of the course, the participant will have been taught, reviewed and/ or demonstrated return performances related to the following HSE Approved training course.
- Ensuring the safety of the victim bystanders and yourself
- Checking to see if the victim is unresponsive and not breathing properly
- Teaching students the correct sequence of actions when using an AED using the AED Algorithm
- Correct placement of the pads
- The difference in placement and size of pads for adults, infants and children
- How to explain the voice commands
This course is the preferred course to teach integrated CPR and AED use to all lay rescuers. It is ideal for teaching participants in public access defibrillation (PAD) programs. The target audience for this course includes security guards, firefighters, police, commercial airline crews, family members of patients at high risk for sudden death and other lay responders who have access to an AED.